Recipe by Peter J
Variation of a recipe I found on the ABC site. They included a serving suggestion but there are plenty of great sauces on RecipeZaar so I omitted that section. Personally I served with Yoghurt and Mint Chutney but thought I'd leave this as an easy to prepare basic techique you can adapt yourself.
Top Review by t.settlemyre
I skipped the water and oil but added white pepper - and cooked it at 305 for 2 1/2 hours. I can't believe how delicious it tasted. This recipe was extremely easy and quick to prepare. This was the first time I ever cooked a lamb leg without garlic and rosemary. It didn't at all taste like cumin. This will be my recipe from now on.
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cumin, coriander and salt together and rub over all the lamb.
- Sit lamb in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pour water into roasting pan and cook in oven for around 4 hours at 140C / 285°F or until internal temperature is 65C / 150°F (for medium).