Recipe by Peasant Chef
This recipe came from my love for the smell of home cooking and especially garlic in the house throughout the day as I had grown up with! So, I like to start this early and let it cook slowly all day!
- 1 (4 lb) pork shoulder or 1 (4 lb) pork butt (preferably bone in/skin on)
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse Pork Roast.
- Cut slits all over roast.
- Insert garlic slices in all slits.
- Rub black pepper and garlic salt heavily over entire roast (saltiness will deplete during cooking).
- Pour a generous amount of dark soy sauce and rub all over roast, especially into the garlic slits.
- Roast fat side up on 300 degrees on top shelf of oven.
- Every 30-45 minutes brush or pour soy sauce over roast.
- Cook until meat thermometer stuck in center of roast registers at least 180 degrees.
- Roast will be browned but not burned.