Recipe by Rita~
Picked this up on line.
Top Review by Derf
This was excellent Rita. I cut the recipe in half and left the sausage out, just used the chicken. Finally found some frozen mussels and clams, in the shell, glad I did, they were wonderful! The combination of veggies, spices was just right for the seafood. Because I only made half a recipe, it cooked much quicker, took about 7 hours. The aroma while cooking was heaven. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 cup clam broth
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shelled shrimp
- 1 dozen clam, cleaned
- 1 dozen mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell shrimp, halve lengthwise.
- In slow cooker,combine all ingred.
- except shrimp, clams and mussels, rice& peas.
- Cover& cook on low 9-10 hours.
- Turn slow cooker on high, add cooked shrimp, clams, mussels, cooked rice,and peas.
- Cover; cook on high 20-30 minutes.