Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a good healthy dessert recipe that's not too sweet. It's made in the crockpot, too!!
- 4 cups sliced peaches (I have always used fresh but maybe canned could be substituted. Don't know about the juice though!)
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal (not instant--I use whole rolled oats)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Stir in peaches and pour into crockpot.
- Cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
This dessert was great. I used tinned peaches (drained) as fresh are not in season right now, and upped the cinnamon to atleast 1/2 a teaspoon (I think it was closer to 3/4s - but who's counting - we love cinnamon!). What I got was a peachy pudding. The bisquik and oatmeal had thickened it up, and puffed up slightly. Served with pouring cream on the side and watched the family gobble it up. Thanks for a great recipe!
Great no-fuss dessert. We have a surplus of fresh peaches and I was looking for a dessert that wasn't so naughty. This was a good one. Not dripping with sugar but sweet enough to satisfy. Thanks meow!
I made this by substituting Splenda for the granulated sugar and using actual brown sugar as the recipe calls for. It was delicious, my whole family liked it, and it made the house smell peachy and wonderful. It was the perfect way to use up my bag of peaches from the CSA share. I am wondering if it would work with plums.