Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
BBQ Pulled Pork recipe from http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Seasoning-Mixes/Slow%20Cookers/Slow-Cookers-BBQ-Pulled-Pork-Seasoning.aspx. gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, soy-free and EASY!!!
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package McCormick slow cookers BBQ pulled pork seasoning mix
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (Hunt's has no high-fructose corn syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- PLACE pork in slow cooker.
- MIX Seasoning Mix, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar until blended. Pour over pork. Cover.
- COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pork from slow cooker.
- SHRED pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; mix and heat with sauce before serving. Serve on sandwich or slider rolls, if desired.
- Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
- Slow Cooker Tip: For fast easy cleanup with no soaking or scrubbing, use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners.
- BBQ Pulled Beef: Use 3 1/2 lbs. boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into pieces. Use 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste in place of the ketchup and add 1/2 cup water.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken: Use 2 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts in place of the pork roast and add 1/2 cup water. Makes 8 servings.