Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a wonderful summer dish to make to use your fresh tomatoes and zucchini from your garden. I have made this dish in the winter and used canned tomatoes and it was just as good.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced and peeled
- 16 ounces diced fresh tomatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients, except butter and cheese, in a slow cooker.
- Set temperature on low and heat for 3 hours.
- dot casserole with butter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours more on low setting.
Surprisingly delicious. I made it for a pot luck b/c it was the ingredients I had. I did not expect to love it, but I did. I also had kohlrabi and rice so I added those. I used mozzarella instead of parmesan, still great.
This made a nice part of dinner tonight! I used part zucchini and part yellow squash. Great to use up garden abundance. Thanks!