Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Can't remember where this came from. Great appetizer, and if you don't have time to make homemade meatballs (even though you should still try to because they are great!). You can buy the store bought ones and put them in the sauce!
- 1 egg
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cab condensed French onion soup
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix or 2 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a large bowl whisk egg, then whisk in soup mix. Stir in stuffing or croutons, and add beef. Mix well. Shape into 1 inch meatballs (about 50). Place meatballs in ungreased 15 in x 10 in x 1 in dish.
- Bake meatballs for 15 minutes at 350°F, or until done. Drain fat. Place in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on high about 2 hours.
These were great! I used frozen meatballs and doubled the sauce. Cooked them in a slow cooker on high for 3 hours. It was a hit at my 4 year old's birthday and I will make them again. Thanks!