Recipe by peanut butter me
This is a very flavorful recipe I made up on my own and liked so much that I decided to write it down (I usually cook on the fly with whatever is in my fridge/pantry). I was impressed with how much flavor the chicken picked up in this recipe! It's very simple, with a little kick of complimentary spices.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 -10 asparagus spears (I used marinated ones for more flavor)
- 5 -8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms (I love mushrooms so I used 8 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup spinach
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- cayenne pepper (just a dash)
- crushed red pepper flakes (also just a dash)
- salt (probably about 4 shakes of the salt shaker)
- chicken bouillon granule
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken breasts, asparagus, baby bella mushrooms, and spinach in the slow cooker.
- One cup at a time, add water until all ingredients are covered (more if you like the broth). For every cup of water you add, put in a teaspoon of bouillon granules (or follow the directions for your chicken broth, mine said 1 teaspoon per cup of water).
- Add the spices. Stir.
- Leave to cook on low heat for about 5 hours (or until the chicken isn't pink inside).
- When chicken is done, it should be extremely tender. I like to shred mine with 2 forks.