Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, simple, delicious recipe - the most prep time is for the curry paste. But it provides enough for two curries. For a vegetarian version, leave out the chicken and whack in more veg!
- 8 small dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 asian shallots, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, finely chopped
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 1⁄2 zucchini, cubed
- 1⁄2 large eggplant, cubed
- 400 g baby corn, cut
- 100 g cauliflower, small florets
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar, grated
- Soak red chillies in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and chop. Heat a frying pan, add the peppercorns, coriander, cumin and turmeric and dry fry over medium heat for 3 minutes. Transfer to mortar and pestle or food processor and grind to fine powder. Place ground spices, chilli, ginger, garlic, shallots, lemon grass and shrimp paste in mortar and pestle or processor and grind until smooth. Stir in the lime rind.
- Add 3 tblspn curry paste to milk and vegetable stock. Add all ingredients except fish sauce and palm sugar to slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours and low for 1 hour. Stir in fish sauce and palm sugar. Serve over rice noodles or rice.