Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Eat Better America.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansorganic Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium stalk celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium leeks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, place all ingredients except cornstarch and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water; gradually stir into stew until blended.
- Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 20 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Very good low cal/low fat stew/soup which we enjoyed even though I skipped the celery (out of). Thanks for sharing! We will be making this again soon