Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
An easy dish for a party or family gathering.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- lime wedge
- fresh cilantro stem
- low-fat sour cream
- Add the first 10 ingredients to a large slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 8-10 hours on LOW (the chili should be bubbling, the ingredients have cooked down, and the liquid has thickened).
- Crush tortilla chips to roughly 1-inch pieces and add to individual serving bowls; ladle chili on top.
- Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, and sour cream.
I make this recipe a lot. I sometimes use a package of frozen seasoning mix for the onion and bell pepper just to make it easier. I mash up some of the beans at the end with a potato masher to thicken it up a bit! It is easy and yummy!