Recipe by iPlayFlonkerton
This is one of my own recipes, and one that I'm particularly proud of. It's not very spicy, so you can alter the spices as you like. This is great served with corn bread, and the leftovers make great nachos! I'm the only vegetarian in the family, but everyone else loves it!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (do not drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In the crock pot, stir garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and basil into the tomato puree; this ensures the even distribution of spices.
- Add the beans, corn, chilies, crumbles, and the onion to the crock pot; stir to combine.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.