Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe is very versatile. You can experiment with all kinds of seasoning combinations. This is a good meatless main dish.
Top Review by AmandaMcMom
I read the recipe and then made this from memory, now looking at it, i realized i forgot the corn, worcestershire and chili powder. Thats probably why i didnt Love it( I will make sure i use those ingredients next time).It was a nice alternative to stuffing my peppers with meat and can be a whole meal with in its self.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 6 medium green bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, beans, rice, 1 1/2 cup cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper, and salt to taste; stir to combine.
- Remove and discard the tops and seeds of the green peppers.
- Spoon about 1 cup vegetable mixture into each green pepper.
- Place peppers in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes more or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.