Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an elegant dinner party dish made simple easy with the use of your slow cooker.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced in 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom
- 1 stalk fresh broccoli, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Rub the walls of the slow cooker with the butter.
- Place zucchini, carrots, broccoli, mushroons, green onions, garlic, seasonings and parmesan cheese into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Just prior to serving time, cook the fettucine to "al dente". Drain.
- Add cooked fettucine, mozerella, cream and eggs yolks to the slow cooker. Stir gently to blend all ingredients. Replace cover on the slow cooker and continue to heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Very hardy. Loved all the veggies and the cheese. I made this for a group of people and we all seemed to agree on one complaint... needed more seasoning. Everyone was adding salt, pepper, cayenne, etc to try to give it more ummmph. I think that if it had a bit more of the spices in the recipe it would have been fine. Other than that, a well enjoyed dish.