Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
I have made this a couple of times and every time I wonder why I don't make it more!! If you want a non-veg alternative I bet some chicken would be great!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup loose-packed frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil leaf
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- In a 3/5 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine cauliflower, chickpeas, green beans, carrots and onion. Stir in broth and curry powder.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or on high-heat for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Stir in coconut milk and shredded basil leaves.
- Spoon rice, if using, into bowls, and ladle curry over the top.
I liked this - made it with veg bouillon instead of broth as it's all I had on hand. Otherwise made as is, I found I needed a little salt and pepper to bring out the flavours. The coconut milk really made this tasty and creamy. Thanks RushinChef.