Recipe by bmcnichol
This is my family's all time favorite vegetable beef soup!
Top Review by Susie D
I made several changes due to ingredients, but did really enjoy the recipe. I subbed ground turkey, frozen mixed vegetables, added an onion and 2 cloves of garlic, and used raditore pasta as I couldn't find fusilli. I needed to accommodate two different meal times so handled the pasta differently than the recipe instructs. I cooked the pasta separately then added 1/2 cup directly to the bowl for the first person. At the second meal time I stirred the cooked pasta right into the crockpot. The soup is easy to make and has that comfort food flair that reminds you of grandma's best. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 quarts beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces dry fusilli
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat. Mix in green bell pepper. Cook and stir until beef is brown and peppers are tender. Drain grease, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix crushed tomatoes and mixed vegetables into the slow cooker. Pour in beef broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 7 hours on low.
- Mix pasta into the slow cooker during the last 15 minutes of cook time.