Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is my family's all time favorite vegetable beef soup!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 quarts beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces dry fusilli
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat. Mix in green bell pepper. Cook and stir until beef is brown and peppers are tender. Drain grease, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix crushed tomatoes and mixed vegetables into the slow cooker. Pour in beef broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 7 hours on low.
- Mix pasta into the slow cooker during the last 15 minutes of cook time.
I made several changes due to ingredients, but did really enjoy the recipe. I subbed ground turkey, frozen mixed vegetables, added an onion and 2 cloves of garlic, and used raditore pasta as I couldn't find fusilli. I needed to accommodate two different meal times so handled the pasta differently than the recipe instructs. I cooked the pasta separately then added 1/2 cup directly to the bowl for the first person. At the second meal time I stirred the cooked pasta right into the crockpot. The soup is easy to make and has that comfort food flair that reminds you of grandma's best. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
This was another fast recipe to put together. The broth is to die for! But I don't feel it needed 7 hours on high. I made this last night and put it on low. I used frozen mixed veggies and used the tomato can to measure out about 30 ounces. I will make this one again thank you for posting. Made for *1 2 3 Hit Wonders* game 2007
Very good vegetable soup! I'm not very good at making soups, but I actually succeeded with this one! Thanks for posting BMcNichol! You were a great baby for Fall 2007 PAC - thanks for some super recipes!