Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
judy judy judy
- 566.99 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 510.29 g jar chicken gravy
- 2 medium celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 532.32 ml original Bisquick baking mix
- 158.51 ml milk
- 453.59 g baggreen giant frozen mixed vegetables
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
Made for Fall 09 PAC. Made per the recipe except that I couldn't find the frozen vegetables in the darned packed freezer that I had purchased for this recipe, so wound up using frozen broccolli instead. Everyone over for dinner enjoyed this meal and many came back for seconds. The only thing I will say is that this served 6 Twenty-something guys, with at least two of them having seconds...so I figure this will serve much more than 4, cuz those boys have some kind of appetites. I would certainly call this an easy make, Fix It and Forget It meal, what is more it is good ol fashioned comfort food. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.