Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Got this in an email from Bisquick and it sounded so yummy, I had to share! Pop biscuits in the oven about 30 minutes before it's done, then serve the chicken mixture over the biscuits.
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
So good and so easy! This is fail-proof and the house smells so good when I walked in the door, just threw the biscuits together and poppped them in the oven and tossed the veggies in the pot--and a wonderful perfect weeknight meal was the result! Thanks for this keeper which will be on our kitchen table often!
Way to salty with the jar gravy! May try again, but sub half the gravy with something else.