Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Got this in an email from Bisquick and it sounded so yummy, I had to share! Pop biscuits in the oven about 30 minutes before it's done, then serve the chicken mixture over the biscuits.
Top Review by ellie_
So good and so easy! This is fail-proof and the house smells so good when I walked in the door, just threw the biscuits together and poppped them in the oven and tossed the veggies in the pot--and a wonderful perfect weeknight meal was the result! Thanks for this keeper which will be on our kitchen table often!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (18 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 2 medium celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1⁄4 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.