3 hrs 10 mins
Found this recipe at tablespoon.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box betty crocker supermoist German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 ounce) package caramels, bits
- 1 (16 ounce) container betty crocker milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup store-bought caramel sauce
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Line the inside with foil, then spray the foil.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, water, oil, eggs, butter and 1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3Pour half of the cake batter into the bottom of prepared slow cooker. Cover and turn on HIGH. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until cake is just set.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine caramel bits and another 1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir to melt caramel bits. Pour about 2/3 of the caramel mixture on top of the cake in the slow cooker, then pour remaining cake batter on top. Cover and cook on HIGH another 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the top cake comes out mostly clean.
- 5Remove stoneware insert and transfer to a cooling rack; cool cake 15 minutes in insert.
- 6Carefully lift cake from the insert using foil as handles and place on cooling rack. Carefully remove foil from sides of cake.
- 7Place a serving plate upside-down on top of cake. Carefully and quickly invert cake onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- 8Frost the top of fully cooled cake, then drizzle caramel sauce on top. Sprinkle top with pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Turtle Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.0
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 706.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 93.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g