Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this recipe at tablespoon.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker supermoist German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 ounce) package caramels, bits
- 1 (16 ounce) containerbetty crocker milk chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup store-bought caramel sauce
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Line the inside with foil, then spray the foil.
- In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, water, oil, eggs, butter and 1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the bottom of prepared slow cooker. Cover and turn on HIGH. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until cake is just set.
- In a medium bowl, combine caramel bits and another 1/3 can of sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir to melt caramel bits. Pour about 2/3 of the caramel mixture on top of the cake in the slow cooker, then pour remaining cake batter on top. Cover and cook on HIGH another 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the top cake comes out mostly clean.
- Remove stoneware insert and transfer to a cooling rack; cool cake 15 minutes in insert.
- Carefully lift cake from the insert using foil as handles and place on cooling rack. Carefully remove foil from sides of cake.
- Place a serving plate upside-down on top of cake. Carefully and quickly invert cake onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- Frost the top of fully cooled cake, then drizzle caramel sauce on top. Sprinkle top with pecans.