Recipe by CarolAT
This Penzeys Spices recipe is so easy and delicious you'll be serving this for guests or just a comfy family dinner. The spicy juices are a great low-fat gravey to serve over mashed potatoes.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great! Will make again. I'm a big fan of Penzeys, and this was a great way to use their awesome spices. I used smoked Spanish paprika and it was very good. Cooked almost 5 hours in a 5 1/2 qt crockpot, the turkey was moist and flavorful. Simple, minimal prep. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (6 -7 lb) turkey breast
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 turkish bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked spanish paprika (or Hungarian sweet paprika)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the turkey breast and place in a slow cooker.
- Pour the apple cider in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the bay leaves.
- Combine the paprika, poultry seasoning, pepper, and salt and rub over the top of the turkey breast.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low until the turkey breast is done, usually 4-5 hours.