Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A hearty, light, chili recipe in the slowcooker. Note, I keep pre-portioned, browned ground turkey in my freezer, so this recipe calls for the meat already browned, and I put it in the slow cooker in it's frozen state.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey, browned
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix, low sodium
- Mix chicken broth and chili seasoning.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 5 hours.