Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A very easy and tasty way to have a Thanksgiving dinner anytime of the year.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) skinless boneless turkey breasts, halves
- 2 (12 ounce) jarsroasted turkey gravy
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) packageone-step seasoned turkey stuffing mix
- Spray 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion and celery in slow cooker. Top with turkey breast half. Pour 1 jar of gravy and sherry over top. Top with dry stuffing.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, remove turkey from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Stir stuffing and cooking juices until mixed. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Heat remaining jar of gravy in small saucepan. Cut turkey into slices. Serve turkey and stuffing with gravy.
I made this a few weeks ago and forgot to rate it. It was super simple and I love turkey and stuffing but I wasn't loving the apple juice in the stuffing. Next time I'll try the sherry. Thanks for the recipe!
Well, I used this recipe as my starting point; I had half a turkey breast, with skin& bone, and no gravy... but I had to use the meat before it spoiled so I removed the skin, and substituted 2 cans of condensed Campbell's soup, one Golden Mushroom and one Cream of Mushroom w/ roasted garlic. I mixed the two, added some water to reach the right consistency....also added some chopped apple to the stuffing, and cooked it on High for 4 hours. It was fabulous! My kids loved it & had seconds. So while the ingredients were somewhat different, I thank you for the technique.
Excellent and easy to make! Truly a 5 star recipe.