Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from Penzey's Spices web site and is moist and very flavorful and easy to make. I tried it for a Thanksgiving trial run and it will be repeated on Thanksgiving.
- turkey breast, 6-7 pounds
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 turkish bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked spanish paprika or 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry Turkey Breast and place in slow cooker.
- Pour the apple cider in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine the spices and rub over the top of the Turkey Breast.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low until the turkey breast, usually 4-5 hours.
- "The resulting spicy juices are a great low-fat gravy to serve over mashed potatoes.