Recipe by Audrey M
This chili recipe containes beer which is a meat tenderizer. It also enhances the flavor of chili.
Top Review by dizdale
I used this before with beans and it was pretty good. However since then I have tweaked it alittle. I left the beans out and added a jar of pace picante. I also added more of the hot stuff. What ever I may have around. Hot sauce,more,chili powder or cheyenne. Thanks you Audrey
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cansold el paso tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, pork and flour; toss to coat meat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot; brown meat.
- Place browned meat into slow cooker along with all other ingredients; mix well.
- Cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours or until beef and pork are fork-tender.