Recipe by Vino Girl
From Kraft Food & Family, Fall 2007
Top Review by JennK
Delish! I made a few small changes. I added black beans and omitted the green pepper. I also did not have any salsa so I used a can of diced tomatoes and added Mexican seasoning (cumin, garlic, onion powder). We ate them in tortillas. Definite crowd pleaser.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (TACO BELL HOME ORIGINALS Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (TACO BELL HOME ORIGINALS Thick 'N Chunky)
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese (KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese; cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours).
- Stir just before serving.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Serve over rice and garnished with fresh green onions and cilantro.