Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Teriyaki Chicken cooked in slow cooker
Make and share this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend.
- Enjoy! -- over cooked hot rice of your choice.
This was pretty tasty - not quite teriyaki but close. Will def make again. Served over rice and with an Asian veggie blend.
I made this for my grandsons first birthday party It is delicious!! I used brown sugar instead of white sugar and added a teaspoon of sesame oil and a few red pepper flakes for a little heat. Will definately make this again YUM!
Made this tonight for dinner...oh my goodness !!! Probably the best teriyaki I have ever made at home. I did tweek it a little (not that there is anything wrong with the original recipe).; I added pineapple tidbits to the sauce before putting it in the crockpot - looking back, I should have added just the juice, then added the pineapple when I added green pepper chunks and green onion slices (about an hour before finishing) so that they would have retained their color. Would have made for a better presentation. I have to admit, I was picking out chicken at hour number 3. My daughter stopped by and had a quick taste...her response/ "Oh, wow !". Definitely a keeper...thanks for sharing!