Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
this is great to toss in the slow cooker..while on your way to a ballgame with children or grandchildren..or a busy day of yard work...there will be a wonderful warm meal waiting on you...we sometimes use egg noodles..have even used spaghetti..in a pinch
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into serving size
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces French dressing, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 -4 cups cooked rice
- Roll steak in flour; brown in a skillet with 1/2 cup salad dressing --
- add salt and pepper to taste --
- arrange in a slow cooker --
- add remaining ingredients, onion, green pepper and pineapple, if using --
- cover and heat on low setting for 8-10 hours or on high setting for 4-6 hours --
- serve over prepared rice.
- Sometimes we go the comfort food route -- and have mashed potatoes in place of noodles.
Fantastic flavour and extremely quick and easy to make. I had to use fat-free catelina dressing, as that was all we had on hand, but it was still tasty. Thanks!
We had this last night (Monday 9/19/05) and it was wonderful. The meat was so tender it was just falling apart. I personally do not eat rice, but my DH had his over rice and loved it. Thank you for a filling supper that was quick & easy.