Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a Betty Crocker recipe and we just love it! So easy and the aroma is FABULOUS!
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless beef roast, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Spray inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. If beef is tied, remove strings or netting. Place beef in cooker.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour dressing over beef.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred beef, using 2 forks.
- Return beef to cooker; add Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Using slotted spoon to remove beef from cooker, fill each bun with about 1/3 cup beef. Serve with remaining juices.
I had high hopes for this recipe because of the other reviews but was very disappointed. I used an expensive cut of meat and followed the directions exactly and the meat was tough and way too sweet. I will never make this again.
Jude...I concurr... these were great! I liked the slightly sweeter taste from the brown sugar as I added a little bit more also used beachgirls recipe #63812 for the italian dressing. Used one of those new slow cooker liners and had a no mess cleanup, and even shredded most of it in the crockpot. Served with melted mozz cheese on the top and had a super lunches for the weekend. Thanks Karen!!!
Easy and delicious! I made this exactly as written and ended up with falling apart, tender, juicy beef sandwiches. I served them with waffle fries and cole slaw. Great Saturday night supper....thanks Karen :)