5 hrs 15 mins
Mrs Spencer's Note:
Looking for a easy mexican dinner. look no further! My husband and I love this stuff since I work till after 10pm most nights. Smack it in the crockpot at night and my lunch is waiting for me when I wake up the next morning. I leave the seasoning open because everyone has a different taste for heat I don't do a lot of chili powder with the ancho chili's but I love cumin and the other seasoning. Another good suggestion is mixing green onions into the gorn muffin mix, I top with shedded smoked cheddar cheese and a little sour cream. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans (or whatever bean you prefer- chili or black)
- 1 dried chili, seeded and diced (ancho)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- 11. Season ground beef to taste with seasoning listed and brown in a pan till cooked through. Add to slow cooker.
- 22. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, seasoning with spices as needed.
- 33. Mix corn muffin mix as instructed on package. Stir in chopped green onions if you like. Pour evenly over top of ingredients.
- 44. Cover and cook for 5 atleast 5 hours on high.
- 55. Top with additional ingredients as desired such as cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1031.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo