Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Looking for a easy mexican dinner. look no further! My husband and I love this stuff since I work till after 10pm most nights. Smack it in the crockpot at night and my lunch is waiting for me when I wake up the next morning. I leave the seasoning open because everyone has a different taste for heat I don't do a lot of chili powder with the ancho chili's but I love cumin and the other seasoning. Another good suggestion is mixing green onions into the gorn muffin mix, I top with shedded smoked cheddar cheese and a little sour cream. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans (or whatever bean you prefer- chili or black)
- 1 dried chili, seeded and diced (ancho)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- 1. Season ground beef to taste with seasoning listed and brown in a pan till cooked through. Add to slow cooker.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, seasoning with spices as needed.
- 3. Mix corn muffin mix as instructed on package. Stir in chopped green onions if you like. Pour evenly over top of ingredients.
- 4. Cover and cook for 5 atleast 5 hours on high.
- 5. Top with additional ingredients as desired such as cheese and sour cream.