Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From allrecipes.com. By Janeen Barlow. "This is a quick, throw together slow cooker soup with a Mexican flair. Teenagers love it. Serve topped with corn chips, shredded Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Make sure you adjust the amount of chile peppers if you're sensitive about spicy foods."
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker.
- Mix to blend,
- Cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
This was so easy to make. Tasted great. I will be making this again soon. Thank you for sharing this.
I use this recipe a lot in the winter and fall! I've had it in my cookbook for several years now. A family favorite! The only change I make is I use Rotel instead of the separate tomatoes and green chilies.