Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
a nice soothing soup. You can substitute stewed tomatoes, if you do not prefer spicy.
- 2 lbs very lean stew meat
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, liquid reserved
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, liquid reserved
- Cut large pieces of stew meat in half and brown in a large skillet.
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker, along with 3/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
I love taco soup but never made it with stew meat. I followed the recipe as written other then I used diced tomoatoes instead of mexican as we don't like things too spicy. We all enjoyed it.
Yum - loved this soup! I left out the 3/4 cup water and added an extra can of rotel tomatoes (with juice) instead. I served it topped with cheddar and sour cream. This was an easy, rich and spicy soup that we all really enjoyed - thanks for posting the recipe!
I bought a family package of stew meat and it was pretty close to three pounds so I cooked my soup on low for about 9 hours. The stew meat was fork tender and very flavorful. Did not want a real spicy soup so I used the stewed tomatoes and mild taco seasoning. In the refrigerator I had about a cup of beef broth that needed to be used so I added that instead of the water and did not drain the beans or corn. Even with the milder ingredients the soup still had a bit of kick to it and would have tasted great with a dollop of sour cream as a garnish. Thank you weekend cooker for sharing! Made and reviewed for the 123 Tag Game.