Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Swiss steak is almost a classic..you can't go wrong with ...substitute mashed potatoes for cooked egg noodles..if you'd like
- 3 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut in pcs
- seasoning salt
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 14 1⁄4 ounces beef gravy
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 16 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- sprinkle beef with seasoning salt; brown in skillet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- layer beef, onion, green pepper with carrots in slow cooker.
- combine gravy and tomato juice in a bowl; mix well and pour over beef and vegetables.
- cover and cook on low setting for up to 10-12 hours --
- during the last hour or so.I put 2 cups of frozen peas.
- serve over prepared noodles or mashed potatoes.
This was delicious and smelled so wonderful when we walked in the door after work/school. We all enjoyed it over egg noodles with a green salad, applesauce, and with the peas cooked/served separately. It makes a great deal of broth so I would use only half of the tomato juice next time and perhaps thicken it before serving. I would also add little Worcestershire sauce for additional flavor. I cooked it on low for 10 hours (due to my schedule) but it was probably ready an hour earlier. This is a great family meal. Thanks!