Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This kraft recipe is super easy for a weeknight meal
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Catalina dressing
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- PLACE onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker; top with chicken.
- MIX sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW 4 to 5 hours, increasing heat to HIGH for the last 30 minute
- STIR cornstarch into reserved pineapple liquid. Add to slow cooker with pineapple and peppers; stir. Cook, covered, 30 minute or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.