1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
7 hrs 12 mins
This is a healthier and hearty version of this dish. It cooks all day for you and is great on those busy nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 1 1/2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. combine pineapple syrup, broth, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce in small saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves.
- 4Pour mixture over chicken.
- 5Cover and cook on high heat for 1 hour.
- 6Add pineapple chunks, onion, bell pepper; cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 7Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- 8Add mixture to slow cooker and stir to mix. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 195.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth