Cook6 hrs 30 mins
This turned out even better than I had hoped! I served this over a bed of brown rice & quinoa (Uncle Ben's 8.5 oz ready to serve package). I used Campbell's Butternut Squash Bisque.
- Layer the onion slices on the bottom of the slow-cooker.
- Generously salt and pepper the pork roast on both sides, then place the seasoned roast on top of the layer of onions.
- Dump the can of fruit on top of the roast.
- Pour the soup and the chicken broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low at least 6 hours.
- Remove roast from slow-cooker to cutting board and let rest.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and whisk until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the slow-cooker.
- With a potato masher, lightly mash the fruit and onions in the broth, leaving some large chunks (If you don't like texture, you can use an immersion blender in this step for a smoother result).
- With two forks, shred the pork and return to slow-cooker.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste; stir and cover.
- Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, with sugar snap peas or broccoli.