Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
Top Review by lauralie41
ElaineAnn this is one good recipe! I used 2 pounds of eye of round steaks (6 pieces) and cooked them on high for 2 hours then low for the last 3. The meat was falling apart tender and we loved the gravy.The only thing I should have done is season better with the salt and pepper. Served with mashed potatoes, corn, and Chef PotPie's Recipe #170506. Made and reviewed for Kittencal's European Forum's The Scandinavia Kitchen Tag Game.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into serving size pieces, removing all visible fat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place in the slow cooker with the dill, onion and bouillon cube. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the meat and thicken the juices with the 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup water.
- Add the sour cream.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.