Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
ZWT6 - Scandinavia
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut steak into serving size pieces, removing all visible fat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place in the slow cooker with the dill, onion and bouillon cube. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the meat and thicken the juices with the 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup water.
- Add the sour cream.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
ElaineAnn this is one good recipe! I used 2 pounds of eye of round steaks (6 pieces) and cooked them on high for 2 hours then low for the last 3. The meat was falling apart tender and we loved the gravy.The only thing I should have done is season better with the salt and pepper. Served with mashed potatoes, corn, and Chef PotPie's Scandinavian Cucumbers. Made and reviewed for Kittencal's European Forum's The Scandinavia Kitchen Tag Game.
Instead of water I used beef broth, and still added the bullion I also added some powdered garlic and used stew meat so avoid the cutting up process! This turned out to be lovely. Rich and saucy! I served over no yolk egg noodles, with homemade french bread and steamed broccoli! Thanks for posting!
This is a good crockpot recipe. I made it just as written and served it with egg noodles.Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.