Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got a slow cooker recipe book for the busy woman because my online searches turn up a lot of the same things. I figured maybe the book would offer some ideas. I made a roast today that was created from one of the recipes I saw in the cookbook. It came out great the only bad thing was that Richard and I had to smell it cooking for six hours. It was torture...
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large russet potato
- 20 -25 carrots
- 10 3⁄4 ounces beef broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces water (use can)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- spray croc pot.
- cut carrots.
- cut potatoes.
- quarter onions.
- disperse evenly in croc pot.
- trim fat from roast.
- cut in half and place on veggies.
- mix broth and can of water set aside 1/2 c.
- pour broth over veggies and roast cook on LOW 6-8 hrs.
- Remove meat and veggies with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- pour liquis into sauce pan.
- mix 2 T cornstarch (or flour) into 1/2 c broth and blend.
- Add mixture to croc pot liquid and bring to a boil, stir throughout.
- simmer and stir until thickness is achieved.
- pour over serving platter and serve.