Top Review by vob
I had been assigned to bring toasted pecans to a meeting on Monday. I was having company on Sunday and needed a quick and easy recipe. This recipe turned out perfect. I did add some grated nutmeg. I found the consistency perfect. I had never cooked toasted pecans before.
- 1 lb pecans or 1 lb walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat slow cooker/Crock Pot on high for 15 minutes.
- First, in preheated slow cooker/Crock Pot stir the walnuts (or pecans) and butter until mixed well.
- Add the powdered sugar, stirring to coat evenly.
- Cover and slow-cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and slow cook, UNCOVERED, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze (should be about 2 hours.) Transfer the nuts to a bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the spices and sift them over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly.
- Let cool before serving.