- Preheat slow cooker/Crock Pot on high for 15 minutes.
- First, in preheated slow cooker/Crock Pot stir the walnuts (or pecans) and butter until mixed well.
- Add the powdered sugar, stirring to coat evenly.
- Cover and slow-cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and slow cook, UNCOVERED, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze (should be about 2 hours.) Transfer the nuts to a bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the spices and sift them over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly.
- Let cool before serving.