5 hrs 30 mins
My wife is not a real fan of green peppers. Using red peppers tones down that nice little bite that the green peppers gives this classic dish. A great easy make ahead the night before recipe for a cold Florida night dinner.... making this the next time I'd use one red and one green pepper for just a bit more flavor...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck, browned (80/20)
- 2 red peppers, par boiled
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped to your liking... medium for me
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) canned corn (optional, my wife hates corn as well)
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated 1 (8 ounce)
- 1Wash and cut the tops off of the peppers and remove seeds. Core out the stem from the top for use as a base for the peppers.
- 2Bring a pot of water enough to to cover peppers to a boil. Add peppers including tops and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes, drain and let cool.
- 3Brown the ground chuck and ground pork together in a skillet, drain and set aside.
- 4Combine all the ingredients except the peppers in a large bowl.
- 5Place the pepper tops in the bottom of the slow cooker, cut side down. Fill the peppers with the tomato rice mixture. There will some left over, and set peppers onto the tops. Pour the remaining tomato rice mixture around the bottom of the slow cooker.
- 6Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese or bread crumbs. If you need a little more liquid I use tomato juice as needed.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and enjoy!
- 8Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions that can make this dish even better.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 1153.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 48.1 g