Recipe by Michelle Dominic
Perfect every time. No more crunchy rice or burnt peppers in this house. My husband does not like cabbage rolls so I never have them, but this is VERY similar flavor and texture and he loves them.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This is my first time doing stuffed peppers in the crockpot. I did find that 5 hours on high just a bit too much. I found the peppers were just way too soft. After reading all the reviews I had added salt, pepper, garlic powder. As well I put in about 2 T of the tomato soup and about 1/2cup of shredded mozzarella cheese into the meat mixture. I had made 4 half peppers and 8 meatballs (cause DD doesn't like peppers) The flavor was absolutly delicious. I will make again but cut back on the cooking time. Thanks for posting Michelle.
- 1 (7 ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 medium green peppers, halved lengthwise, cored and seeded
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice.
- Combine beef, rice mix, celery, onion and egg in large bowl.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among pepper halves.
- Pour tomatoes with juice into slow cooker.
- Arrange filled peppers on top of tomatoes.
- Combine tomato soup, water and reserved rice mix seasoning packet in large bowl.
- Pour over peppers.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or high for 5 hours.