Recipe by deb k
Very easy and wonderful Stroganoff recipe for the Lazy Cook!
Top Review by Outnumbered By Peanuts
My family has been making this super easy and delicious slow cooker stroganoff recipe for several years now. I've made a couple of changes for when I make it, however. Instead of using 1/4 white wine and 1/4 cup beef broth, I just use 1/2 cup beef broth, and I mix in 1 tbsp flour (getting rid of lumps) with it before pouring over the meat and adding the soup and other seasonings (stirring briefly to coat the meat evenly). I omit the mushrooms (no one in my family likes them) and the chives (because I usually don't have any). I also use 2-3 tsp Worcestershire instead of just 1. Finally, just before serving I will add in my egg noodles after cooking them according to the package directions. This stuff is so good and is one of the few dishes that is regularly in our rotation. My husband doesn't even want me to attempt stovetop stroganoff recipes because he says this recipe is the best! I totally agree with others who have said this is a crockpot staple. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round steaks, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (or dried minced onions)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in bottom of cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onion, soup, mushrooms, parsley, chives, broth, wine, garlic and worcestershire.
- Add to cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- One hour before serving, stir in sour cream. (Before you add this, if it looks to thin, mix 1/4 cup of wine with 1 T cornstarch and add to mixture.) I usually don't add this step if adding the egg noodles because they will thicken the sauce.
- If using frozen egg noodles, par boil for 10 minutes and add to sauce.
- Cook on low for 1 hr.