Recipe by grandma2969
I think this is one of the best slow cooker chicken recipes..
Top Review by jenpalombi
This was good! I got delayed on my way home from work and it ended up cooking for 10.5 hours, but no problem! It was still tender and juicy. I used every last grain of the rub on the bird and the exterior was probably a bit too peppery, but everyone still enjoyed it (I just scraped the kids' pieces off a bit). Thanks for posting!
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, skin removed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- mix the first 8 ingredients together; rub chicken all over with mixture.
- place chicken in a resealable plastic zipping bag and refrigerate overnight.
- the next morning, sprinkle onion in the bottom of a slow cooker -- place chicken on top --
- heat on low setting for 8 hours.