Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
I think this is one of the best slow cooker chicken recipes..
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, skin removed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- mix the first 8 ingredients together; rub chicken all over with mixture.
- place chicken in a resealable plastic zipping bag and refrigerate overnight.
- the next morning, sprinkle onion in the bottom of a slow cooker -- place chicken on top --
- heat on low setting for 8 hours.
This was good! I got delayed on my way home from work and it ended up cooking for 10.5 hours, but no problem! It was still tender and juicy. I used every last grain of the rub on the bird and the exterior was probably a bit too peppery, but everyone still enjoyed it (I just scraped the kids' pieces off a bit). Thanks for posting!
This one was not for us! It smelled so bad that we ordered take-away instead. Too many spices for a nice combination. Think it was the onion, garlic and white pepper that over-powered.
The crockpot makes this an easy and convenient meal. DH loved this chicken served with rice to catch the sauce. The children and I did too, but after dinner found the heat of the spice combination lingered so will cut down on the cayenne when we next make it. Thanks.