Top Review by genus
This was good, but did not have a lot of flavor. I also expected the meat to be very tender, which it wasn't. I think it would have helped to add fresh vegetables, rather than frozen, at the beginning. The water would have helped to keep the meat tender and would have infused the meat with more flavor from the vegetables.
- 1 lb beef flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into approximately 24 strips
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen mixed peppers (green, yellow and red peppers and onions)
- 6 tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together steak, fajita seasoning, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6-7 hours or high setting 3-4 hours, until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in vegetables and cook an additional 15-30 minutes.
- To serve, put meat and vegetable mixture on warm tortillas.
- Top each with cheese, sour cream and salsa.