Recipe by rstu
From Walmart edition of Rival Crockpot recipe book that came with my crockpot. Couldn't find fresh cilantro, so used 1 Tbsp. dried. Served with salsa, shredded cheese & sour cream. Whole family loved it!!! Will definitely make again, perhaps using chicken next time. ;)
Top Review by stvynixs ..
Mine was a little spicy i liked it. I cooked half a bag of black beans on stove for couple hours then added them to the crock pot the last hour don't need to put water in just beans . I used La Victoria salsa verde in mine medium. I used tongs to serve that way you dont get all the juices .. It is stew like . But Delicious!
- 1 (1 lb) beef flank steak
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup medium salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (used Kosher)
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- flour tortilla, warmed
- additional salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut flank steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin strips.
- Combine onion, 1/2 cup salsa, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt in crockpot/slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours.
- Add bell peppers. Cover; cook on LOW 1 hour.
- Serve with flour tortillas and additional salsa.