Recipe by HokiesMom
A nice change of pace from the usual stuffing casserole. Found through Simple & Delicous magazine...(sorry I did not clip out the submitter's name). A great way to cook a side dish in the summer without heating up the oven.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream until blended.
- Add the vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Combine the stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.