1/7 Photos of Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
7 hrs 15 mins
This split pea soup is almost as easy as opening a can, and twice as yummy. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split peas, rinsed and sorted (2 1/4 Cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices (1 1/2 Cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (1 Cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 ham bone or 2 lbs ham shanks or 2 lbs smoked pork hocks
- 1Mix all ingredients except ham in 5 qt slow cooker, then add ham.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs or on high heat 6 to 7 hours until peas are tender Remove ham from cooker; place on cutting board.
- 3Pull meat from bones, using 2 forks; discard bones and skin.
- 4Stir ham into soup.
- 5Stir well before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 329.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: