1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken in Peanut Sauce
7 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is from a Betty Crocker cookbook. The ingredients sound a little odd, but it's easy to make, delicious, and healthy to boot! You can substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the chicken thighs. Either way the chicken just falls apart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large chicken thighs, skin removed (about 3 lb)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 11. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- 22. In 4- to-5-quart slow cooker, mix onion, diced and crushed tomatoes, honey, cumin and cinnamon. Add chicken. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
- 33. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 44. Stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended. Serve chicken and sauce over couscous.
- 55.Sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts and cilantro if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken in Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 922.0
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 1439.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 51.2 g