Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A beautiful fall recipe from Gooseberry Patch's new book, "Autumn with Family & Friends". The house will smell wonderful when you walk in at the end of the day! You can enjoy this on its own with a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar or serve it with baked pork chops. Enjoy!
- 8 golden delicious apples, cored, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- When done, stir with a wooden spoon. Gently crush applesauce against side of slow cooker to desired consistency.
Was a little too sweet for me, but it was easy to make and had a delicious flavor.
I made a half recipe and now I wish I had made the whole amount because I'm thinking that an applesauce cake in in order. Used 1 1/2 tsps the Splenda brown and red delicious (the only apples I had on hand) and let it cook down for at least 6 hrs. This is simply good eating just as it comes out of the crock pot, all you need is a spoon!
This was delicious! I used apples I had on hand, Gala and Pink Lady. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I added some cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, & ground ginger to the water and brown sugar. Cooked on high for 3 hours with some stirring throughout. My 2 year old daughter gobbled it up and asked for more!