Recipe by Nif
A beautiful fall recipe from Gooseberry Patch's new book, "Autumn with Family & Friends". The house will smell wonderful when you walk in at the end of the day! You can enjoy this on its own with a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar or serve it with baked pork chops. Enjoy!
- 8 golden delicious apples, cored, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- When done, stir with a wooden spoon. Gently crush applesauce against side of slow cooker to desired consistency.