Recipe by Freda2 Brown
Adapted from AllRecipes recipe using ground turkey to satisfy my Weight Watchers diet. One serving of sauce is 6 points. Add points for pasta.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) canshunts diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey in olive oil over medium heat, breaking up with wooden spoon.
- Add onions and garlic to browned meat and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Pour all into crock pot.
- Add all of the other ingredients EXCEPT the mushrooms.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, then turn down to LOW and cook for 3 hours.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook an additional hour.
- Don't forget to salt/pepper.
- Serve with whole grain pasta.